Saturday and Sunday, March 8 & 9, 2014
Florida Technical College, Orlando, FL
12900 Challenger Parkway
Orlando, Florida 32826
What is Drupal?
Drupal is a popular free open-source modular framework and content management system (CMS). It is used to build everything from personal blogs to enterprise applications. Following are some featured Drupal sites:
- Stanford University
- The Economist
- For a more thorough list, please visit DrupalShowcase.com
Millions of other businesses, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations using Drupal because it is free and flexible. It is constantly being improved by the hundreds of thousands of dedicated developers that are part of the Drupal Community.
Florida DrupalCamp is an attendee-driven, completely volunteer initiative modeled after the open, participatory nature of barcamps. The event is catered towards everyone - curious beginners, designers, developers, and business owners are all welcome!
Our goals for organizing Florida Drupal Camp
- We want to learn and teach about Drupal and web technologies in general
- Provide networking opportunities
The agenda will include full day of presentations, an after-hours party and these session tracks:
- Design, Theming and Usability
- Development & Performance
- Site Building
- Project Management, Sales & Consulting
- Sessions off the Drupal Island
What does all this cost?
The cost to attend is only $25 during early-bird registration, and $30 afterwards! Besides a full day of Drupal sessions, you also get a tshirt, a catered boxed lunch, and an afternoon snack! If you would like to support our local Drupal community further, you can become an Individual Sponsor for only $25. The sponsorship includes a shout-out on our sponsor page. All proceeds will go to offset expenses, help to deter no-shows, and make donations to the Florida Drupal User Group or Drupal Association.
What to Bring:
- Your computer/tablet (and power adapter)
- Pen and paper for notes
- Business cards
- Mobile phone (set to vibrate)
- Money for dinner and drinks afterwards :)
- An unhealthy love for all things Drupal, open source, and web
- Power cord and/or power strips to share!
- A camera or video camera (use the #fldc14 hashtag for social media)